I’m all about cost efficient, well, everything. What I’m not about is spending my whole summer working my a$$ off for those dollar bills + not being able to have any fun with it.
So I’ve deemed myself the task of coming up with 5 super fun things that you can do this summer, and not blow a whole week’s paycheck on a few rollercoasters + $12 chicken fingers at Six Flags.
Been there, done that, over it, moving on.
1. GET MILKSHAKES AT THE DINER AT 4 AM. My boyfriend and I’s first date was going to the 24 hour diner (after I got off of my 8 PM – 3 AM shift at the diner I work at … anyways …) to get cheesecake + milkshakes. Milkshakes, preferabbly chocolate, are always a good idea, and usually anyone who’s out past 11 PM are pretty interesting people to eaves drop in on, so you get a snack + a laugh. Win, win.
2. MAKE COOL UNDERWATER VIDEOS. This phone case is less than $7 (+ free shipping!) and will waterproof your iPhone. Uhhh whaaaat?!! Yes, way. Who needs a GoPro when you have a 4k camera on your phone + a waterproof case? (Hint: not you!)
3. DRIVE IN MOVIES. Yes, they’re still a thing. And totally cheaper than racking up a serious bill in movie tickets. Take the biggest car, pack too many people into it, and have yourselves a ball, laughing + reminiscing on all of the movies from our childhood. Each person brings a snack + you’re ready to go!
4. HOUSE HUNT. Maybe this is something that just my mom and I find complete satisfaction in, but here’s the scoop:
Step #1: go to realtor.com. (not sponsored, but I wish bc I spend half of my life on that website. I just want a house, ok?!)
Step #2: sort all of the listings in your area by “open house date”.
Step #3: carve out some time, + go root through people’s houses.
Let me tell you, it’s one of the most satisfying things just moving yourself right in. “My bed could go here + this could be the daughter I don’t have’s room…” Don’t knock it until you try it.
5. PRINT OUT A BUNCH OF COLORING PAGES. Lowkey, I’m addicted to coloring and totally picked up a $10 pack of Crayola colored pencils on one of my weekly (or daily) trips to Target. If it’s 2 AM and I’m not in bed, I’m at my kitchen tabe filling in the outlines of a boho elephant + jamming to my favorite country album…. *realizes lack of social life*