With the release of Instagram’s new (and totally terrible) update, ‘grammers everywhere are posting their photos in hopes to keep their feeds afloat the non-chronological algorithm.
PSA to Insta: you do not know what I want to see first. Why am I looking at Kim K’s ass at the top of my feed but I missed my sister’s bomb selfie ?? How does this make sense ??
The new algorithm just makes the popular more popular and the lesser popular, well, less popular.
Here’s how I get my photos noticed on the gram:
#photosinbetween #goodmorning #thatsdarling #girlboss #abmsummer
#livethelittlethings #morningslikethese #abmlifeiscolorful #chasinglight
#nycblogger #flashesofdelight #gatheredstyle #yearofyou
#petitejoys #postitfortheaesthetic #oneofthebunch #thehappynow
#theeverydayproject #livecolorfully #theblogissue #liveauthentic
2. POST WHEN NO ONE ELSE IS. You know when you’re endlessly scrolling at 3:34 AM, praying that someone post something of interest (instead of the same top photo you’ve been looking at since 1:16 AM)? More likely than not, there are way too many of us sitting there waiting for a reason to refresh, so post your photos then!
3. POST OFTEN. Not once a week. Hell, not even just once a day, post 3 times within the course of 4 hours if that so tickles your fancy. HINT: there are no rules to Instagram. If you can tweet every 40 seconds about the Bachelorette, you can Instagram a selfie or 12. Promise.
4. HAVE AN EYE CATCHING FEED. *preaches insta-themes for the bajillionth time*. But seriously, having a theme is super fun + bound to make people drool over your content.
| @hellokatyxo | @marissalace | @theconfusedmillennial | @cristina96x |
5. FOLLOW OTHER PEOPLE. Don’t be that guy that uploads a photo and then expects Rihanna, the first Lady, and all of your distant cousins to instantly fall in love with your instagram. You have to be a part of the community! And if you do the follow-just-to-unfollow deal, don’t even bother posting your first pic. You will be shunned + definitely called out on it.
6. COMMENT ON OTHER PEOPLE’S PICTURES. Comments hold their value, but not a lot of people know it! I don’t notice much when a person “spams” me with likes, but I do notice when I get 1 comment amongst 56 likes. I’m always bound to check out their profile + comment back.